Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Scrumptious Salmon Cakes (gluten free)

 
Do you want a quick meal that will knock your socks off?  If so, then this is the recipe for you!

I would love to claim that this is my own creation, but in reality, this recipe came from Ali at Whole Life Nutrition.  She has opened my eyes, in a whole new way, to healthy eating.

I grew up quite healthy (macrobiotic diet as a child), but for the most part our meals *tasted* healthy.  Not that I don't enjoy that, but sometimes I want feel like I'm treating myself to a real special meal.  Ali knows how to boost the nutrient quality of her recipes without sacrificing taste. 

Scrumptious Salmon Cakes
serving size: 8 patties

2   cans - Wild Salmon (my favourite is Raincoast Trading Salmon) 
1   cup - Cooked Quinoa
2   Organic Eggs
4   sliced Green Onions
1/2 bunch of chopped Cilantro
Zest of 1 Lime
1/4 tsp Chipolte Chili Powder (if you like it zesty)
1   tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
Fresh ground Pepper

It's super simple, just beat the 2 eggs in a mixing bowl and then combine the rest of the ingredients.  Mix'er all up and then form into patties.



Heat up your frying pan-on medium/high heat - with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
Cook the patties for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side, until they are nice and golden brown.



I had some extra quinoa left and served these on a mound of fluffy quinoa.  I also had a salad of mixed greens and some fresh lime wedges to squeeze on top.  They were scrumptious, fresh and light, and very satisfying.

Ali has a new cookbook coming out in August 2012!  I'm very excited, as I've been faithfully using her current cookbook for the past 2 years The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook.  Her recipes are excellent for those with food sensitivities such as gluten, dairy, egg, and soy.

This is the first and only book I recommend to my patients who have dietary restrictions; her recipes are extremely nutritious, yet also very tasty.  You will never feel you are depriving yourself with her meals, which makes embracing a new diet a pleasurable one.

Let us know if you'd like us to stock this book, as we can bring it in for you.  Just give us a call at 604-521-6639 or email at GatheredRootsAcupuncture@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment