Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

DIY Reiki


One of the things that surprises people most about Reiki is that you can give it to yourself. The other day I was chatting with my neighbour and had mentioned that I was going to do some Reiki to my sore throat. She looked at me and said “you can give yourself Reiki?!” She was genuinely surprised. I smiled and assured her that not only can you do Reiki for yourself; you should do Reiki for yourself. I explained that every time you are attuned to a different level of Reiki, your body goes through a 21 day adjustment period where it is getting used to the new energies and the new flow within and around the body. I told her that my Level 1 & 2 Reiki Master had said that I had to do Reiki on myself for at least a month before I was to do it for others so that I would know what the energy and the experience felt like.

I LOVE doing Reiki for myself. I love playing with the energy and strengthening my bond with the symbols. Reiki feels amazing and when I’m stressed or tired or just need a little comfort, Reiki is the first thing I turn to. Reiki is also the first thing I turn to when I’m feeling good because it makes me feel even better! After doing client sessions, I feel pumped and bursting with energy. I often will do Reiki at my “9 to 5” at the start of my day to bring in balanced & peaceful energy to see me through my work and half way through my day, around lunch, to give me midday boost. I will bring in Reiki anytime I feel I need a shot of energy to keep me going through the day or help keep me calm and “on top of my game”. I place specific Reiki symbols on the head and foot of my bed before going to sleep so that I can have a restful sleep without my brain going into overdrive about things I did or didn’t get done during the day. I will quite often do Reiki on my head, heart chakra and solar plexus chakra to help me fall asleep. Doing Reiki for myself is equivalent to receiving a hug or petting my cats (both things that I love and make me feel good). It is also a great way to maintain my physical health. I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both of my big toes and both of my knees and I’m fairly certain it’s in my pinky fingers and whenever I have a bad bought of achiness or pain because of the arthritis, I do Reiki on the achy spot(s) and it feels better.

Giving myself Reiki has also helped my intuitive abilities to grow and develop further. I am now able to intuitively see auras, chakras, emotional, mental and spiritual blocks in my body and my client’s bodies. Reiki has helped me with my self-confidence and my overall happiness and health. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I LOVE Reiki and I’m excited to see where this journey will take me. I’d love you to come along with me!

Marni Banks- Radiant Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment